Position: ATC, Signaling and Communication Engineer of the Transit System
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Purpose of the Job
As part of L5 ATC, Signaling and Communication team in charge of system comprised of ATC, ATS, SCADA, IXL, MSS, DCS, TETRA your role as an Engineer is to ensure Service availability and Maintenance targets and contractual obligations are achieved and exceeded. Reporting to ATC, Sig&Com Line 4&6 Leader. Support the preparation and execution of internally produced documents, procedures, services/parts and in accordance with customer expectations whilst adhering to the requirements of HSE & AZDP policies.
- Organize the ATC, Sig&Com activities in order to meet and achieve contractual performance of Reliability, Availability and Safety and other KPI.
- Participate to all ATC, Sig&Com internal and contractual Training and strive to become a trainer in your fields of activities for Sig&com staff.
- Help maintain adequate level of the team knowledge.
- Cary out due diligence within and during ATC, Sig&Com activities in agreement with management
- Participate in ERP configuration necessary to perform Maintenance activity.
- To work in and grant safe working environment through respect of method statement, strict application of Permit to Work and Alstom safety rules.
- To ensure the availability of the sig&com equipment for the L4&6 by means of application of all planned and unplanned maintenance in time so to avoid any disruption of service.
- Ensure critical issues are identified proactively / professionally addressed and followed up.
- Follow up reporting and configuration change rules & process by using the proper tool.
- Report with transparency, the status of the project and its KPIs, as and when required.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), Rules and Regulations, AZDP, Railway Group Standards, TOC Safety Case and ALSTOM Policies and Procedures & Code of Ethics
- EHS: Accountable for the proper implementation of the Alstom policy and Customer requirements
by all stakeholders (internal & external) including suppliers and contractors. Use and promote Close Call Reporting.
Electrical/Electronical or IT Engineer with minimum 3 years of proved track record of maintenance in his specialty.
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- A Min. of 3 years’ experience in maintaining ATC, ATS, SCADA, IXL, MSS, DCS, TETRA systems
- Previous working experience of Multicultural teams
- Very good knowledge of railway products and systems,
- Anticipation and clear reporting
- Professionalism in way of working for efficient process execution
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Perfect Knowledge of the ATC, Signaling and Communication systems
- Very good knowledge of the risk inherent to Power supply and Railway Safety
- Sense of Urgency
- Problem solving and Analytical thinking, capable of taking decision on the spot
- Planning and Organizational skill to meet availability and reliability figures